Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Holland Flashback

Mom and Dad came home on Monday. I finally saw their pictures tonight, and realized I just sort of trailed off around here. And some of the best parts are missing!



Delft was easily my favorite city in Holland. This is Nieuwe Kerk. I climbed to the top of the tower and got a good view. Then I shopped around and bought some beautiful handmade pottery. I even found a girl who was working in her shop. She let me take photos of her workspace.



This is one of my favorite photos from that day... it's a tombstone in the floor of Oude Kerk. I don't think pictures can really do the city/country justice. The churches are incredible. And the city was so peaceful. I wandered around the walking tour, and went to see Vermeer's work in a small museum. I had a beer at one of the oldest cafes around, and then it was about time to head back to Rotterdam to meet up with the Scott sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment