Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My New Friend


I wish I had asked what this woman's name was... Tim and I came back to Amsterdam early (because Volendam was so tiny, and we couldn't get to Marken) so we decided to see the Anne Frank Huis (house) and maybe a museum. This woman saw us looking at a map on the way to Anne Frank's. She did an excellent job of speaking to us in English, but she was embarrassed and kept covering her mouth saying "I can't say!" It was adorable. To thank us for helping her get there, she gave us both these tiny origami kimono bookmarks. She said she always keeps them with her, for times exactly like these. She went through the house with us (which totally made me cry by the way - and I wish I could have taken pictures in there) and she asked to take a photo with me after. She was headed to a different museum afterwards, so we said goodbye. I am happy I at least have this photo to remember her.

No comments:

Post a Comment