Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Volendam


Volendam is a tiny little seaside town in North Holland. It was so beautiful here. We wanted to go to Marken Island, but the ferry didn't seem to be running. That left us time for more exploring!


This is the marina at Volendam.


Behind the marina, there are still all these canals. We were walking along the canal, and came to a dam that was built in 1615!


My first windmill photo!! I took a bunch, but there was an awkward streetlamp in the frame. I like this one because you can see how mossy the roof got. I'll do some photo processing when I get home. But I can't do anything right now on Tim's computer.


Last picture from Volendam. I just love how pretty this place is!

1 comment:

  1. Those photos are fantastic! I so wish I was there. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete