Monday, March 16, 2009

Welcome to Rotterdam!


Here we are in Tim's apartment. It was a long flight, but it was easy to find him in Schipol. He had to go to class, so I took a nap in the apartment. Apparently, he was late, and he had to sing to make up for it. He sang "Loser" by Beck.


This is his apartment building. He lives on the 2nd floor of the part that hangs over the water. The inside is a mess (which is why I won't post any pictures of it). But, hey, it's a free place to sleep!


I can't pronounce or spell the tram stop that Tim lives near, but its something about waterway... It doesn't look like any water tower in the States, and it has all these little pools that can fill up if it rains too much (which is pretty common here). This bike must've fallen in there somehow.


I wandered a while, and found a great cafe where I got "koffie" and a "stroopwafel" - both of which were amazing. I took a picture in there and got yelled at in Dutch, so I deleted it. The place was called the Hoofdstuk, and they had a sign that said "Wij Zijn Winnaar van de Ketelbinkie Koffietroffee 2008." Which I took to mean they had some coffee trophy or something. They apparently also won this trophy in 2005, 2006, and 2007. Anyway, this is the view across the street from the cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment