Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 3

Today I’m grateful for Skype. I could probably be grateful for a few more important things like my health, or tuition reimbursement policies, or the ability to walk… but I’m going to stick with Skype. I had a 2 hour Skype call with my brother yesterday. For those of you who don’t know, he’s currently living in Holland, pursing his MBA. And if you don’t know that, you probably don’t know that we’re superbestfriends. And being away from your superbestfriend totally sucks. But Skype lets us talk for hours for free, and see each other. You’d think that since my brother and I are such good friends the few conversations we have would be about life, stress, news updates, and other important things. But they’re not. Our conversations always devolve into the little stuff; sending links and pictures, and both intently playing online games and checking in with, “What level are you on?” Yesterday was no different. It was dinner time here, and 11 PM there. We were both in our hoodies, hanging out at home. And we spent two hours debating superhero and villain battles. Tim came up with seeding and brackets and we debated our winners and compared results. We had 32 heroes, and 32 villains (originally in their own brackets). Then the winning hero would battle the winning villain. It was totally pointless, but fun (we’re thinking of making these brackets available for public voting so check back next week after our next chat). But I like Skype for allowing us to have these little pointless chats. It’s almost as good as our taco bell movie nights. Almost...

2 comments: