Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gratitude

"You cannot give somebody joy
But you can find it by trying
You cannot save someone from death
But you can love them while they're dying"

Today I'm starting the Gratitude Challenge with two of my greatest friends. It's a 21 day challenge to take note of relationships, experiences and opportunities that make your life great. Day 1 says to sign the pledge and explain why you've accepted the challenge, and what you want to achieve.

I signed the pledge with Jill and Jess, and we spent the afternoon talking about why we're doing it. (We also had lunch together and went shopping for new bracelets.) I'm doing it simply to be grateful, and to bring a little bit of happiness to myself and the other people in my life. There's one person I know who always finds the silver-lining in life, and he's awesome. I haven't had to face as many hardships as he has, and yet whenever I need it, he's always the one cheering me up. It'd be great to be more like him. And it will be good to just put more positive energy and love into the world... and hopefully this will help me find more of my own joy. Y

Lyrics from Gratitude's "The Greatest Wonder"

No comments:

Post a Comment