Sunday, September 27, 2009

Now I know my ABCs

So, day 2 of the challenge says to use the alphabet to start a list of things you're grateful for. This could be fun.

A: Apples? Aquatic centers? I loved working at TCNJ's aquatic center. I have some hilarious memories from that place. Art. "Art is a guarantee of sanity."

B: Boys... brothers and friends. I love the sense of humor of all the guys I know, and I know I can count on them. I'm also grateful for Bagel Day (Friday) at work. Yum! Oh and I also like babysitting... best job ever.

C: Cellphones, Calendars, and Candy. Three things I couldn't live without.

D: Dad. I can't say enough about my dad. I don't want to write a whole sappy thing out here... but he is an amazing man, and I wouldn't be who I am without all the sacrifices he's made.

E: Earth. Earrings. Elephants? This answer is weak. I should probably be more serious. Eye surgery! (I'm adding this like 15 minutes later... hopefully that counts without the laser before it. Anyway, it was money well spent.)

F: Friends. Fireworks. Fondue.

G: The Goddess Lounge. It's changing us for the better Y

H: Hot tubs (wish I actually had one). Heroes. Houses and homes... I like living in my own place, but I love knowing that there's more than one place I can call home. Holland (my first international adventure).

I: Ice cream. Ice cream cake (we should eat it more often). White Cherry Icees at the movies.

J: Jill. Jessie. Jess. Justin. All people who inspire me in different ways, and who each bring something special to my life.

K: Krist. Karen. These two just kick-ass at life, and I love them for it.

L: Love. I think there are like a billion different kinds of love, and that's a good thing.

M: Mom. I'm grateful for everything she ever gave me when I was living under her roof. Now I'm grateful that she surprises me with little things like throw pillows or Halloween themed dish towels, and is the kind of woman who will tell you to come over for breakfast when your toaster oven breaks and you're so stressed out that you're just standing in the kitchen crying about it.

N: NYU.

O: Oatmeal. Oreos (and the "bring on the fat" joke that will never get old). Oceans... they make for the best times, and the greatest naps.

P: Pasta. Mom's homemade pasta sauce to be specific. I'll eat it without pasta... so maybe it shouldn't count for P. Oh well... Purple. I love the color purple.

Q: Quilts. My Aunt Ma made me the most beautiful quilt ever and sent it to me as a surprise. She died two years later. It will become a family heirloom, and I'd like to learn to quilt someday so that I can make something beautiful for someone that I love.

R: Rock Band. Greatest video game ever. And I love my band mates, and all of our different bands and hilarious adventures.

S: Smallville. Supernatural. No one can say I don't appreciate the little things... I've been watching these shows since the beginning, and I like having those few hours to myself to indulge in my guilty pleasures. Sci-fi. Sugar. Softball. Socks. S is a good letter.

T: Tea. I have it almost every morning, and it's delicious. I also like TV. A lot.

U: Umbrellas. They are wonderful for use in the rain.

V: Volleyball. Go Barracudas!

W: Water. Winter. Wind. Watermelon. Good stuff... and so natural.

X: X-Files. David Duchovny was like one of my first crushes (besides Jerry O'Connell and Dean Cain).

Y: Yearbooks? The end of the alphabet was much harder than the beginning.

Z: Zoos. I haven't been in a while, but they're cool.

Other things that I'm just now thinking of: hot showers, electricity, laptops, the internet, Chinese food, frosty & fry nights with the girls, sparkle punch, and the list goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment